My comments in Italic Navy Blue Below re this Email from Geoff, prompted by two cancellations of an Independence Rally proposed to take place in Caerdydd.
Gethin,
I'm not surprised at this capitulation of the Independence Rally initiative. It began well with Sion Jobbins' speech but ran into trouble with his immediate departure as he promptly handed over the task of organising the initiative to the first person to show public support, who happened to be Keith Parry. I wrote an email to Keith immediately on hearing he'd taken on the mantle of organiser and urged him to establish a Wales-wide committee to organise the event as the first step. It was obvious to me that Keith could not succeed, virtually on his own, to attract a large number of people to an Independence Rally, particularly in the short time-frame allowed. I know because he works seven days a week most of the time and would have had little time on his hands to do the work, however enthusiastic his endeavor. It was a train-crash waiting to happen.
Geoff's good advice and why not get that Committe set up, discuss informally on 12th and then set up a committee at Eisteddfod and what about using the Society Tent that week?. After which there is time enough to organise a Morning Meeting in Corwen and Ruthin Rally in Afternnon on 20th to bring in 'Northerners' and really go for it publicity wise big time. There will be no better time and place as in Corwen on the 20th for this Committe to issue it's 'Manifesto of Welsh Independence' Campaigning. If the present people motivating this New Initiative are not up to it, then Gruff/Cymru Sofren needs to take a lead and if he does not, then maybe I will push 'Sofraniaeth' forward to do the job.
That doesn't mean a successful rally can't be organised but it's organisers have to include people from various parts of Wales and be inclusive of various nationalistic organisations as well. It shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction either, it would need a great deal of preparation. Personally, I believe such a rally should be held post-Scottish Referendum, irrespective of what the result will be there.
A RUTHIN RALLY which may be better organised having learnt from Cardiff mistakes.
To be honest, I don't see a successful rally being a possibility until next year, not if its to be a spectacular, well-organised, well-attended event. Hopefully it would be the first in a series, so it would have to be effective. My feeling is that Machynlleth would be a good venue for this for a number of reasons, the obvious being Machynlleth's historical importance regarding Owain Glyndwr. But also it's a fairly central position and a large crowd there would look impressive in contrast to the large urban centre that is Cardiff.
Think Geoff is letting events in Scotland and Catalonia over excite him and making him believe the same can be achieved in Cymru, I doubt it?
YES! YES! YES! GO FOR A REAL BIG ONE ON 'DYDD SOFRANIAETH 2015'.
************************************
Even though I agreed with much Geoff had to say, I was being realistic as one could not call off another rally as Geoff appeared to be hinting at and which he then did in a very underhanded way. See Pond Shop Patriotism link below:
http://balchder.blogspot.co.uk/
**********************
Other Matters
BELOW I WILL BELIEVE WHEN I SEE IT, AS I DO NOT THINK 'HAWLIAU' TO BE SINCERE AS OTHER THAN THE RATHER OPPORTUNIST ARTICLE IN DAILY WALES THEY HAVE SAID NOTHING ON THEIR FB AND NONE HAVE BEEN UP ON MAWR CAMPAIGNING AS SIAN AND I CONTINUE TO DO AND OTHERWISE CAMPAIGN ON fb AND IN BLOGS.
I have some news regarding the proposed August rally on Mynydd y Gwair. I have contacted Ioan Richard and outlined the WNRM proposal to hold a protest rally in conjunction with local protesters during Eisteddfod week and asked him to pass on the message to the local defence group for consideration. I received a reply from him saying he liked the idea and that he would indeed forward the proposals to the group without delay. I am now waiting to hear from them or him again so that we can meet to discuss tactics, date, speakers, etc. I also suggested that the WNRM could produce posters advertising the event once we knew they were on board.
If 'Graziers' sell out Ioan/SOCME could pack in as he did on Mynydd y Betws.
I wish Geoff would get honest and realistic for starters Leon, Dunkley and possibly Wong have hijacked Geoff's Hawliau Initiative for their own ends (Anti - Military, Anti - Fracking and Anti Housing for English coming to live in Wales). Geoff does nothing on fb but 'Bed Wet' Scots stuff and Palestine, he does not push Mawr Campaign or support our efforts and he doesn't even say bugger all about 'Hawliau' which speaks loud as to his relationship with that hi jacked failure.
As for the WNRM, we had to cancel our proposed meeting at Machynlleth last week due to so many committee members being unable to turn up for one reason or another. So what does that tell us about Hawliau and still Geoff does not wake up really all he wants is a ficking 'Social Club' and live the fantasy that he is doing something but he is not. sad!
A blessing in a way, since I was taken ill on the day we were supposed to hold the meeting. We are now organising a meeting in Cardiff to discuss the way forward something beyond 'Hawliau' limitations.
Leon feels that we need to become a more radical and political movement by basing our political theory on the likes of Franz Fanon and other anti-colonial thinkers and produce a comprehensive pamphlet of how we perceive the colonial situation in Wales and the radical steps needed to confront it. I think he's right, we have been unable to widen our membership and attract recruits, and as a movement we need to consolidate our core base and then recruit from there. It is an uphill struggle.
But why does not Geoff join our ranks, too much bloody work involved and I will tell you this Geoff's contribution, if any to a new Independence Initiative will be minimal but I will put up with it but if Leon is any where near it, it will fail as is 'Hawliau' is to date!
MY CONCLUSIONS
This is very interesting, just what is Leon up to? he hijacked Geoff's Hawliau idea, that failed and now he seeks to hijack Alan's Great Unrest idea, this fella is a menace as all he and Geoff have done instead of backing Tarian Glyndwr and Stryveland Cymru also now have eyes on Great Unrest Initiative Area both of them have served no other purpose that Distract, Divert and Undermine our long term efforts. Just what have this pair done exactly over these past years? Geoff, picnicing with Cymdeithas y Cymod and Leon is Anti - Militarist thing with Sad Sara to save kids from the British Army and other wise like all out 'Usual Suspect Left' are at present 'Nato Nashing'. Oh yes more confusion, Distraction and Diversion and undermining of what already exists for sure.
Gethin, there is little enthusiasm or radicalism out there at the moment. It's a world away from the fire and enthusiasm of the Sixties and Seventies when thousands of young volunteers were pouring into the fight.The present young generation has let Wales down badly. Everywhere I go it is people of our generation that is keeping things going. When ill health or death takes our generation, where will the activists come from? My guess is that Wales will cease to exist at some point during this century, weakened by a population who's loyalties lie at the feet of Westminster and the Crown and suffering from ever-increasing English colonisation, it will just slowly become the new region of West England.
Geoff is right and we are just aged with 'Compulsive Idealogical Disorders', why are we wasting our tine when any moment we could die?
Finally, do you think it's possible to postpone your initiative meeting - Dydd Sofraniaeth to later in the year, and can I suggest post Scottish Referendum, and then give at least a month's notice for people to attend. I think it would be best if a small group of us got together to do this work as a team, rather than leave all of it to you and Sian. Then organise the Independence rally for Dydd Sofraniaeth, June 2015. It would then incorporate the Glyndwr anniversary and the 21st Century initiative for Independence. It also gives us plenty of time to attract wide support. But please avoid the personal attacks on people in the meantime, we need the maximum support we can get. Let's emphasise the positive and inclusivity of our task.
My experience of much patriotism is weakness and back stabbing, many deserve to be attacked. I take no Prisoners!!!
Geoff
PS: AS FOR 'HAWLIAU' Geoff's WNRM I think it needs to go back to true basic roots with a little twitch here and there, maybe I will do so?